Thursday, June 13, 2013

How to Make the Best Ice Coffee

It's hot here in Israel, and I'm thinking of ways to cool down. This time of year, I like my coffee cold. And I don't mean all those coffee drinks that are basically coffee slurpies, but rather good old coffee, with ice.
The problem with any drink with ice, is that all too soon you are left with a watered down memory of what your drink used to taste like.  But what if you could turn that disadvantage into an advantage?
What if as the ice cubes melted, your drink became better?
Hmmm...


Coffee Ice Cubes.
All you need is an ice cube tray, and you're set. (I got a new one at the dollar store and I love it b/c it has makes a bajillion mini cubes - so cute!)
First, make some coffee. I made espresso - but you can make anything you like. Carefully pour the coffee into the tray, and freeze.

Now make some cold coffee with the Coffee Cubes, add milk or don't - it's up to you. As the cubes start to melt - Hallelujah!
You can get creative too by adding things to the coffee before it's cubed -  vanilla beans, sugar, Cardamom.... Yummy!


This could work with any iced drink. How about Lemon and Mint cubes in your Iced Tea?


And remember - every drink tastes better when you drink it from a striped straw.


I hope you're having a great summer!
Elisheva

P.S. The coasters I used are from my shop - you can see more here
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...